Friday, 12 October 2012

Altered Tag Holder

I've been making a couple of projects lately, one is an 'Altered Tag Holder' for all my tags I've been making lately for various challenges. I decided I needed a home for them all because I can't have them hanging around due to my lack of crafting space so I made a tag holder.

I used the packaging from a potatoe chip box for the tags, this box was nice and big so my tags were plenty long enough for my tags.  I just cut them out and covered the front and back covers with the Tim Holtz Ideology paper I picked up from the Yard Sale at my local scrapbooking store. On the inside tags/pages I covered the face with some packaging paper from  Tiawan with no embellishing at all as this is where the altered tags will lie against and decorated the backs of the large tags/pages with various Creative Memories papers. I also added a journalling spot to the backs along with a flower embellishment.

All the pages were joined together with a ring and I added some ribbons and lace to this.

The cover was decorated with the Prima Romantique paper collection 'Orchard', I love this paper and wanted to use the picture of the girls climbing the tree so I fussy cut it out and added a few flowers from 'I am Roses', there's also some lace from 'DK Crafts' that I used to make a flower with, ribbon with pearls from my local scrap shop, a couple of paper flowers I made myself

There's some embroidered flowers, pearls, kaisercraft pearl flourish, leaf ribbon and a lovely shabby pink flower that I added a little ink to. I also added a little Stickles to glam it up a little too :)

It's strong enough to stand by itself and large enough to give each altered tag some room. Eventually it will be hung up on a special stand :)

Thanks for taking the time to stop off at my blog and I hope you like my project :)


Stacked Book Boxes

I've seen a lot of 'Stacked Book' projects on youtube lately and was inspired to alter my own. I decided not to make my boxes from scratch as there were some 'book boxes' on sale at the local warehouse so I grabbed three of those to alter.

I used a combination of Prima's "Tea Tyme" and "Romantique" papers to cover the boxes, these are all gorgeous papers and so nice to work with.
Recently I purchased a bag of flowers from ebay and there were a huge variety in them which I used on this project, the soft colours went perfectly and the realism looked just right. On the top box I placed a doiley that I had made smaller and gathered up so that a bouquet of flowers could sit on top. I used a couple of my metal leaves and some seam binding to tie it all together. There's a splattering of pearls, a large crystal bead and a stick pin I put together. A charm also hangs down which has beads, pearls and a charm of a perfume bottle from 'DK Crafts'. Also on the top is a butterfly which I cut out of some Kaisercraft paper and stickled around the edge.
The next two boxes are lightly decorated with flowers and lace.
I really enjoyed putting this project together and the fact that it's useable storage space too!!! Always a bonus when space is limited :)
Thanks for taking a peek and I hope you like my book stack :)