Tuesday 29 October 2019

Entering Challenges

Hello there and welcome to my blog.

Today I'm sharing some projects that I made over the last couple of weeks. There are a few challenges going on youtube right now and although I can't enter them all I do try to take part in a couple when I can.

The first is a Pin Cushion that I made for 'msgardengrove1' on youtube, Annie wanted either a pin cushion or an altered spoon together with a stick pin making in a 'tea party' theme. As much as I like to see all the cute and colourful tea party things I don't actually have a lot of 'tea party' items so I just went with what I had.

I made a three tier cake/cupcake style pin cushion that sits in a vintage sugar bowl. I've made these before and really enjoy the process and the overall look of them. We were to make a stick pin as well and so I did, in fact I made many many little stick pins that make up all the little decorative flowers on the pin cushion. I also made a couple of 3" ones and then a lovely large 6" pin! I really do love the large one :)

You can find my video on these projects HERE


The next challenge I took part in was for 'Debbie Vignola' on youtube, Debbie wanted a smallish Christmas ornament making for her Christmas Tree.

I decided to try my hand at beading for this challenge and made her a removeable beaded bauble cover from beads I had found op-shopping (thrifting) over the years.

I love how this project turned out and am very happy with my first attempt.

You can see this project fully HERE




It's always nice to enter a challenge or two especially if it's something a little different, these challenges are still open until the end of November so if you are interested I will put the links to the challenge videos for you.

Pin cushion / Spoon Challenge - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wQ1RzDpbhpE&t=658s
Christmas Ornament Challenge - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LM5tfkOhWoQ&t=82s

Take care and thank you for stopping by :)

Jeanette xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment :)