Wednesday 20 March 2019

Paper Crafting with CraftStash

I've recently started paper crafting more and must admit that I'm really enjoying it. Many years ago when my son was an infant I used to scrapbook but of course over time our lives change and we venture into new areas.

I've always loved paper and with the addition to my love of laces and anything shabby I'd really like to incorporate more into my crafting.

Presently I am doing a few videos for a Company called 'CraftStash' who generously sent me a few of their products to try out. It has certainly been a fun experience and also a learning experience with the die cutting products, I've really enjoyed the process.

The first things I made were these lovely Crochet Lace Gift Bags using the Tonic Studios complete die cutting set. They require a large (A4 and over) die cutting machine to cut the base bag so I had to improvise and hand cut that part but it's all good because I think they still worked out wonderfully :)


Three were made from cardstock and one was made from a tea stained file folder (second from left).

The flowers are a combination of Kaisercraft Blooms, 49 and Market and handmade flowers using the lovely 'Layered Florals' die cutting kit by Cardmaking Magic and the ribbons were also from Cardmaking Magic and are part of the Christina Collection.

The next things I made were some cards and a box to house them. For this I used the 'The Complete 5"x7" Card Box Set which is also made to use in the larger die cutting machine so once again I hand cut this out (not a problem). I could use all the smaller components to make the box look something special as I normally would.


To decorate the box and the cards, I made many of the flowers using the Layered Florals dies and also added the lovely little white flowers called 'Snow' from 49 and Market. I added a little sparkle with the glittered Shimmer Dome Stickers from Papermania and once again used the white ribbon from the Christina Collection.



on this card above I also used the Cube Trellis Die Set by Cardmaking Magic.




I'm quite happy with how everything turned out and will definitely be making more cards. I have videos on all these projects on my YouTube Channel so if you would like to see them in more detail here are the links :)

Crochet Lace Gift Bags   and  Elegant Boxed Cards

Thank you so much for stopping by and I hope you too will try your hand at cardmaking, if you don't already.

Have a lovely day
Jeanette



2 comments:

  1. Loving your blog, always your style and your ability to improvise (like with the big dyes) and willingness to share your wisdom!!!! Kelly

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment :)