Monday 25 March 2019

Playing with the Sizzix Fabric Bundle from CraftStash

I recently received the Sizzix Fabric Bundle from CraftStash, a set of eight high quality fabrics in co-ordinating colours and patterns. Being a person who prefers the 'shabby vintage' type of look I decided to tea stain my fabrics by soaking them in a bath of black tea. It didn't take long to achieve the look I wanted as the fabric took on the tea very quickly.

The first project I made was a 'Tuffet' style pincushion. I loosely followed an online tutorial and then adapted it to suit myself by making the 4" circular base out of several pieces of packaging cardboard to make up a good half inch thickness. I then layered a piece of 1" circular foam, wadding and a pouch filled with emery (I didn't have walnut shells). Lastly a piece of wadding was layered over the top of this 'cake' and the cover placed over it.  The actual fabric was cut into 1.5" x 4.75" strips and then shaped into crayon type shapes and I used some 'pawn' chess pieces for my legs. If you watch the original video tutorial you will see how to make it all up.



The Sizzix fabrics worked wonderfully for this project and I love how it turned out. I also made a gift bag using the Tonic Studios die set, a gift box using the Cardmaking Magic die set and a journal cover for future projects.




With some of the scraps and a few ribbons I made embellishments for the journal with lots of sewing involved.



The quirky flowers were also made and a dragonfly with the leftover petals.



I have thoroughly enjoyed playing with these fabrics and other products from CraftStash and I hope you have enjoyed following along and seeing what I've created.

List of products used:
Sizzix Accessory Fabric
Card Making Magic Complete Box Set
Card Making Magic Layered Florals Die Set
Tonic Studios Decorative Bag Die Set
Card Making Magic White Ribbon
Blue Organza Ribbon
Simply Made Crafts Ribbon pack
Papermania Shimmer Dome Stickers

Inspirational Tuffet Pincushion Tutorial


Thank you so much for stopping by :) take care xx

Jeanette


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment :)